Code of Student Conduct

The primary goal of the Polk County Public School System is to ensure that each student achieves at the highest possible level. Education is to be provided in a manner that does not discriminate or cause harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or social and family background.

School, Students and Parents Working Together

In order to create a safe learning environment to ensure academic success, the parents, students and the school must work together. Supporting our students’ behavioral, social, and academic progress is critical to their success. There are a few basic things that all adults must do to guarantee student achievement.

Teaching Behavior:

All behaviors are skills, and the skills students use are learned from us. Follow these simple steps when teaching students how to act.

Notification Of Rights

The following is a description of the rights granted by federal law to students with handicaps. The intent of this summary is to keep you fully informed concerning decisions about your child and to inform you of your rights if you disagree with any of these decisions. You have the right to:

1. Have your child take pa in, and receive benefits from, public education programs and activities without discrimination because of his/her handicapping conditions.

2. Have your child evaluated to determine if he/she is a qualified individual requiring accommodations necessary to provide access to educational programs. You have the right to receive notice in respect to such identification, evaluation, and placement of your child.

3. Review relevant educational records under the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).

4. Have your child receive a free appropriate public education. This includes the right to be educated with nondisabled students to the maximum extent appropriate. It also includes the right to have the School District make reasonable accommodations to allow your child an equal oppounity to paicipate in school and school-related activities.

5. Disagree with the decisions reached by school personnel regarding necessary accommodations for access to educational programs. You may submit a wrien grievance to the 504 Coordinator or request an impaial hearing. You have the right to be represented by counsel at an impaial hearing.

6. File a complaint alleging any action prohibited under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 with the U.S. Depament of Education Office for Civil Rights (“OCR”). Information regarding the filing of such a complaint is available from the Director of Exceptional Student Education.


A tuition-free "A" public/charter school for college minded 9th and 10th grade students.